There are two primary ways in which PowerUp collects Information from you: through Interactions and through Offerings as set forth below.
When you interact with PowerUp we may receive your Information, including your Personal Data. For example, we may receive your Information when you:
- Visit PowerUp’s websites
- Use our mobile application
- Register or attend PowerUp-hosted or sponsored events (such as promotional events, webcasts, Twitter Spaces or contests)
- Communicate with us including by emails, phone, texts, and online chats, including in our Discord server
- Provide testimonials
We refer collectively to these contacts as “Interactions” and we explain below how we use the Information we collect through them.
What We Collect via Your Interactions
We may collect your Information, including your Personal Data, through the Interactions described more fully below. The Personal Data we collect may include such things as:
- Email address
- Physical address, including country
- User name(s) / user ID(s)
- Associated crypto wallet addresses
We collect Personal Data in various ways, such as when you manually key in your Personal Data to website forms or provide it to us for promotional giveaways or for beta testing our mobile application.
How We Use Information Collected from Interactions
PowerUp uses the Information it collects from your Interactions to deliver services or to conduct necessary business activities as described below. We may use your Information to:
- Fulfill your orders or respond to your requests for information. For example, when shipping prizes won from promotional giveaways
- Diagnose and fix technical issues
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to protect our legal rights or those of others
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our website, mobile app or Discord server
If we process your Personal Data for a purpose other than that set out above, we will provide you with information about such processing, and if required, obtain your consent.
We also collect Information, including Personal Data, when providing our Offerings. We may ask you for this Information directly, or in some cases, we may collect it when certain features are enabled.
What We Collect via Our Offerings and How We Use It
We collect and process different types of product data (described below) when you deploy our Offerings in order to operate our business.
- “Usage Data” is Information about your operating environment, user/product interactions, and sessions. This includes information such as your network and systems architecture, OS and product versions, page loads and views, errors, web browser, http referrer page, and app workflows. We use Usage Data to fulfill our legal obligations in providing the Offerings to you and to fulfill our legitimate interests in supporting and enhancing them. For example, we may use this data to:
- Troubleshoot issues, provide support, and update our Offerings
- Provide guidance to help you optimize your usage of our Offerings
- Better understand how our users configure our Offerings
- Determine which configurations or practices optimize performance (e.g., best practices)
- Recommend enhancements
- Perform data analysis and audits
- Identify, understand, and anticipate performance issues and the factors that affect them
- Identify product security issues that may affect you
- Improve and develop new features and functionality
- Monitor the health, performance, and security of our Offerings
- Mobile Device Data is Information we collect in certain PowerUp Offerings that associates your mobile device with an identifier for your app to help us improve the user experience and personalize your services and content. We may also receive information that your mobile device sends when you use our app, such as a device identifier or OS.
- When you use our mobile application we request specific health permissions from your smart devices such as mobile phones and associated wearables in order to track your health data.
- Health data permissions requested include Date of Birth (among other statistics such as Steps, Flights Climbed, and Heart Rate) which is used to calculate heart rate statistics. This raw health data remains local and never leaves your devices; however, we may convert your health data to Exercise Points (XP) which may be stored on PowerUp’s servers in order to provide collaborative experiences in the app including competitions with other users of the application, for example.
How PowerUp Shares Your Information
PowerUp may disclose your Information to others in the following ways:
- App Developers. We may disclose Information about App use and performance with App Developers so that they can improve and enhance the performance of our Apps.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose Information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to: comply with legal process or requirements; respond to requests from public or government authorities (including those outside your country of residence); enforce our terms and conditions; and protect our operations, rights and safety, and that of you and others, as needed.
- Other Users. We may disclose Information to other users of the service in aggregated format, provided it does not include Personal Data.
How We Secure Your Information
PowerUp takes reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission, software, or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of an account has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with the Contact PowerUp section below. If PowerUp learns of a breach of its systems, PowerUp may notify you or others consistent with applicable law. PowerUp may communicate with you electronically regarding privacy and security issues affecting Information collected through your Interactions or use of our Offerings.